httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Bad format Page
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 20:39:49 GMT
Consultas wrote:
> if i write http://192.168.1.10/app_folder/images_folder/image_n.jpg
> don't show me any thing else if i write
> http://server_name/app_folder/images_folder/image_n.jpg is ok but not
> from all computers too
>
> in the apache .cnf my server name is localhost:80 and in my app, the
> URL prefix is http://192.168.1.10/ .  this is the static IP of my server.

Yeah, static, but also private. Anyway...

> What do you thing about?

Let's summarize, and see if I've understood the situation correctly.

You have a web application which generates HTML, including links to images
and stylesheets. There are three ways you have used the application:
1) On the server itself - works ok, right?
2) From a workstation on your intranet - images etc. are broken.
3) From a computer from Internet - works ok.

>From a workstation on your intranet, when you access:
    http://server_name/app_folder/index.php
this works, but with broken images? However, typing:
    http://server_name/app_folder/images_folder/image_n.jpg
does not work?

What error message are you seeing in your browser, and what, if anything,
does Apache's access and error logs have to say about it?

Please be specific and tell from what computer you are trying to access the
application from,  by what URI and what error message you are getting. It is
easy to get confused, otherwise :)

This sounds weird. You need to investigate if requests for these images are
coming through to Apache. If they aren't, there is some "network" issue. If
they are, you need to see if the request URI of them are incorrect, and if
the URI is correct, why Apache will not serve them.

Regards,
Robert Andersson