httpd-users mailing list archives

From "PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI)" <bp3...@sbc.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] ip aliases vhosts
Date Sun, 23 May 2004 21:05:14 GMT
I have SSL but one per box.

Now I have Vanitive URL i.e Aliased to network interface with ifconfig
cmd is unix.So you can create multiple aliases on same physical network
to access apache on the web with alias. You need to set this is your DNS
server too from Unix point of view.

Now set virtual host for each alias on 443 with Listen 443 i.e. several
stanzas.

It will work.

Stop and start apache .See logs for any errors if any.

Good luck.

Thanks
Balanand Pinni

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Lowe [mailto:mark.lowe@boxstuff.com]
Sent: Sunday, May 23, 2004 3:58 PM
To: <users@httpd.apache.org> <users@httpd.apache.org>
Subject: [users@httpd] ip aliases vhosts

Hello

I started a thread on this some time ago, and while I appreciated the
help that was given I still haven't managed to configure things as I've
tried.

I'd really appreciated hearing from anyone who has this working, rather
than just understanding the principles as I  understand what the docs
are saying what I should be able to do, but still cant find a way of
getting it running.

I've created several ip aliases

10.0.0.10, 10.0.0.11, 10.0.0.12

Listen *:80
Listen *:443

I've tried the following variations.
NameVirtualHost *
and
NameVirtualHost *:80
NameVirtualHost *:443
and
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.10
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.11
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.12
and
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.10:80
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.11:80
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.12:80
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.10: 443
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.11: 443
NameVirtualHost 10.0.0.12: 443

And virtual hosts

<VirtualHost 10.0.0.10:80>
ServerName www.foo.com

<VirtualHost 10.0.0.10:443
ServerName www.foo.com

and so on.

I need to have this running so I can have multiple ssl certs being
served from the same box. So wildcarding so Joey's example wont work in
this case.

Someone must have this working, I've read a few bits and pieces on
doing this. But something just isn't playing the game .

Many thanks

Mark