httpd-users mailing list archives

From "PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI)" <bp3...@sbc.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Web access to pages:
Date Sat, 22 May 2004 19:11:44 GMT
Thanks Joshua:

I kept context root as web-path since as we fetch the url
http://server.domain.com/filename which is my goal to fetch file name
under the directory /home/bp3965.

So , isn't that  / would stand for /usr/HTTPServer/htdocs/en_US which is
Document root and file system is /home/user.

I tried reversing too but no luck what I am doing wrong?

Thanks again

Balanand Pinni

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Slive [mailto:joshua@slive.ca]
Sent: Saturday, May 22, 2004 2:03 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Web access to pages:

On Sat, 22 May 2004, PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI) wrote:
> I want to access text files over web so I have installed HTTP . And
set
> Alias directive in httpd.conf  that has <Directory
> "/usr/HTTPServer/htdocs/en_US" root directory .And all is picked up
from
> root dir ectory to view over web. But I want to view test files from
> /home/user ???How to do that?
>

> Alias  /usr/HTTPServer/htdocs/en_US  /home/user
> <Directory /home/user>
> Order allow,deny
> Allow from all
> </Directory>

Looks like your web-path file-path idea is backward here.  The first
argument to Alias is the web-path: the path that will be typed into the
user's browser.  The second argument is the file-path: the path
according
your OS filesystem.  And <Directory> also takes a file-path, not a
web-path.  So reverse the /usr/... and /home/... paths and see if that
works.

Joshua.