httpd-users mailing list archives

From insane...@optonline.net
Subject [users@httpd] Running Apache (HELP!)
Date Sat, 15 May 2004 17:29:02 GMT
I am sorry if this has already been asked in another form, but I am not certain as to what
I should search for...

To start, I am running Mandrake Linux 10. I need help getting the server to work. When I start
it, it starts fine, with no errors or anything. I can get to the server by using my IP address,
but no one else can. I set my firewall so that the choices "Web Server, SSH server, and FTP
server" are all selected, and opened ports 80/udp and 80/tcp just to be safe. This still didn't
work. I also tried disabling the firewall all together. That also didn't work.

What do I need to do to get the server working?

P.S. The error that the person who tried to access the server got was the "cannot connect"
error.