httpd-users mailing list archives

From jant...@optonline.net
Subject [users@httpd] HTTPD error on apache start
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 00:41:49 GMT
Hello,

My server recently had some problems which led to my doing a hard restart. When restarted,
I am having problems with Apache. It is Apache 1.3 running on a SuSE 7.3 Linux box. It was
working fine before the reboot. I am now getting this error message when I run "apachectl
start" from shell (root):

[Mon May 24 16:38:44 2004] [info] mod_unique_id: using ip addr 127.0.0.2
getpeername: Socket operation on non-socket
getsockname: Socket operation on non-socket
Error getting local address
getpeername: Socket operation on non-socket
getsockname: Socket operation on non-socket
Error getting local address

Does anyone know what this is caused by, and how to fix it? I am also getting errors with
sendmail, but want Apache straightened out first.

Thank You,
Jason Antman
jason@jasonantman.com
www.jasonantman.com