httpd-users mailing list archives

From Carlos Perelló Marín <car...@interactors.coop>
Subject [users@httpd] Dynamic groups names for authentication depending on the URL
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 23:18:29 GMT
Hi, I'm setting up an Apache2 server as a WebDAV repository and I'm
interested on a way to validate against different setups depending on
the URL.

For example, I have a WebDAV server at: http://webdav.foo.com, if a user
tries to connect to http://webdav.foo.com/bar/ I need a way to retrive
that "bar" string to use as the group name. I'm using LDAP
authentication with this restriction:

require group cn=bar,ou=Groups,dc=foo,dc=com

but I want a way that lets me setup somekind of virtual host alias
depending on the URL requested so I could put something like:

require group cn=%1,ou=Groups,dc=foo,dc=com and get at %1 from the URI.

another solution also valid could be webdav.bar.foo.com that works like
the vhost_alias module. Is that possible? Any suggestion to do it?

Cheers.

--
   \|/  interactors              | carlos arroba interactors.coop
  \|/    |_ activando redes      | http://interactors.coop