httpd-users mailing list archives

From Kevin Old <k...@kold.homelinux.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 1.3.31 startup script
Date Mon, 24 May 2004 13:51:40 GMT
Hello everyone,

I've just compiled Apache 1.3.31 on a new machine that has never had
apache on it before and was wondering if the startup script
(/etc/init.d/httpd) came with the source or if it was generated during
compilation.

This is the first system that I've compiled apache from scratch so any
guidance on where to get the startup script is appreciated.

I'd thought about just taking a startup script from a machine I have
with apache from rpms and just modifying it to suit my needs, but I'm
not sure what runlevels to put it in.

Any help is appreciated,
Kevin
--