httpd-users mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <c...@force-elite.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache 2 and worker module
Date Sat, 22 May 2004 19:58:23 GMT
On Sat, 2004-05-22 at 19:51 +0000, James Bond wrote:
> Hi,
> Can anyone tell me on which platform or systems can I enable worker MPM? I
> think, it can only be enabled on Unix flavours!! Is it possible to enable it
> on windows, beos or netware!!

The Worker MPM is only for Unix/POSIX Type Sytems.

Windows[1], has the winnt MPM, which is threaded.

BeOS[2] has its own MPM, which is also highly threaded, but I don't know
how actively maintained it is. (anyone?)

NetWare[3] Also has its own MPM, which is heavily threaded.

-Paul Querna

[1] http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mpm_winnt.html
[2] http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/beos.html
[3] http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mpm_netware.html