httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Matt Hill" <m...@twpsyn.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Brief question about my system not working
Date Wed, 19 May 2004 15:32:42 GMT
> I installed Apache on my computer at home primarily as a test.
> I installed it on a desktop with Windows, XP Pro with SP2-RC1.  I
> installed
> it for one user, and tried to use 127.0.0.1 as a server/domain/dns name.
> However, I have been unable to get it to work successfully (I have yet to
> see the Welcome-to-Apache page)... I only get the Windows "cannot find
> server" page.

I know this is probably a really stupid question, but it's probably worth
asking - firewall?

I dont know how the windows firewall in XP SP2 works (other than MS
proclaiming that it's turned on by default), I wouldn't have thought it
would interfere with loopback traffic, but it might be worth a look?

Matt