httpd-users mailing list archives

From Jim Jagielski <...@jaguNET.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Bug Versions 1.3.28/29 Fixed In 1.3.31 Or Not?
Date Mon, 17 May 2004 14:25:30 GMT

On May 17, 2004, at 10:08 AM, Purl Gurl wrote:

> Apache Org has almost infinite resources, an infinite source
> for all types of operating systems, from Unix to Apple. These
> resources are available via so many developers and contributors
> to Apache development. I should be so lucky to have so many
> different platforms available for platform testing. I should
> be so lucky to have so many intelligent people to test my
> programming methods for me.

I *wish* we had "almost infinite resources". We depend and
rely on the people within the PMC and development lists
to test the code before we release. If you think that
the ASF has a "team" of platforms and people who
are "assigned" pre-release testing then your perceptions
are very incorrect.

Are you on the dev@ list? If so, have you provided a
patch to the code to fix the problem? Certainly someone
who is a "programmer specializing in Win32 applications"
would be most welcome to the dev@ list.