httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache/MySQL/PHP/Persistent Connections
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 14:38:16 GMT
Message[plain text, please...]

Steven Michaels wrote:
> Hi, I have a rather database-intensive website that relies on MySQL.
>  I have recently set up Apache and continue to receive "Too many
connections"
> errors.
>
> (...snip...)
>
> MySQL
> max_connections = 100000
> max_user_connections = 100000
> max_connect_errors = 999999

Although I would have thought those numbers would be enough, I suggest
simply restarting MySQL once a day (or so). I started getting those errors,
and I think I also have max_connections set to 100000. That and a restart
every night; I have not seen the error since.

I think it is a PHP issue, leaving behind dead connections. I have not
bothered to investigate it much, but you might be able to find something in
PHP's bug database. At least, it is not Apache at fault.

Regards,
Robert Andersson