httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Andersson" <rob...@profundis.nu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] apache-mime.types css
Date Thu, 27 May 2004 11:42:10 GMT
Albert Whale wrote:
> Can any tell me how I can validate that the Mime Type:
>
> text/css                        css

What do you mean "validate"? Do you ask how you can check if Apache is
sending the correct mime-type? I would:

$ telnet your-host 80
GET /css/style.css HTTP/1.1
Host: your-host
(enter*2)

Look for the content-type header in the answer. A perhaps simpler way is to
enter the URI to the css script in a browser's address bar, and then look at
properties which should report the mime-type.

> <link href="css/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css">
>
> This appears to work well on a Windows Server, but I am currently
> unable to get Apache to recognize this.

What do you mean? Apache do not interpret HTML. What is it that Apache do
not recognize? What are you expecting and what are you seeing?

>  I am using Apache 1.3.23.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions?

Upgrade.

Regards,