httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ken Ramirez" <krami...@creativecac.com>
Subject [users@httpd] execvp: No such file or directory error
Date Sun, 02 May 2004 01:00:01 GMT
OS: Linux 9
Apache Ver: 2.0.49

After cleaning up the existing Apache HTTP that installed with RedHat, I
downloaded the source for the latest Apache HTTP and performed the
following commands:

1. ./config --enable-so
2. make
3. make install

When  I switch over to /usr/local/apache2/bin and executed "apachectl
start", it ran fine. Next I performed the following:

1. cp build/rpm/httpd.init /etc/init.d/httpd
2. chkconfig --add httpd
3. chkconfig --levels 345 httpd on
4. cp build/rpm/httpd.logrotate /etc/logrotate.d/httpd
5. service httpd start

This last command returned the following error:

[root@localhost conf]# service httpd start
Starting httpd: execvp: No such file or directory    [FAILED]

Does anyone have any clue how to get rid of the error?

I haven't changed any of the default settings, scripts, or configuration
files.

Thanks,

Ken