httpd-users mailing list archives

From "michael-list" <michael-l...@i4u.com.au>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] htaccess
Date Tue, 25 May 2004 14:58:09 GMT
> I am not entirely sure, but this is HTACCESS ?
> You are calling htaccess from within itself ?

in my httpd.conf AccessFileName = .htaccess

> And what is the line "cheepy:lybUE0qeGKBSY" doing there ?

<username>:<salted_password>

just used:
    htpasswd ./.htaccess cheepy

> That's what the error is about.

any ideas, i still cant figure it out, exactly the config i use on my redhat
box and works fine.

yeah it really doesn't like the "cheepy:lybUE0qeGKBSY", should there be a
prefix to the username:password combo?

thanks for the help :)

michael