httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Burden" <...@Burden.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Return 200 error instead 404
Date Thu, 20 May 2004 04:23:49 GMT
You could put a tiny gif up there and use mod_rewrite to direct everything
to it except the page you're actually testing. But I don't understand how
that would be a realistic load test. I also don't understand why you can't
just set up your load tester not to try to get linked files.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Nick" <nick@finiteautomata.com>
To: <users@httpd.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 19, 2004 2:29 PM
Subject: [users@httpd] Return 200 error instead 404

> Hello, I am load testing one of our servers and the pages it is load
testing contains calls to graphics and items on other servers That I do not
want to be load tested.  I cannot modify the code on the page so those calls
are ignored, so I installed Apache on the Windows box and modified the hosts
file I am running the load test on.  In the host file I pointed the other
servers domain names to itself so Apache would respond.  My problem is of
course Apache responds with a 404, how can I get Apache to deliver a 200
message instead of the 404 it responds with.  I cannot move over the content
being called.  I saw some PHP scripts that will do this but wasn't sure if
there was a way Apache could just handle this.  How can I get Apache to
respond to everything with a 200?