httpd-users mailing list archives

From "benjamin" <bsch...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject [users@httpd] Curious problem
Date Mon, 10 May 2004 18:38:49 GMT
hello,

I use a server (debian) to host some sites (php forum...).
>From time to time (it is very unpredictable) there is several process Apache which take
100 % of the cpu, and the server becomes down in Web.
Even after having killed the concerned process, other process (with a different pid number)
appear also by taking 100 % of the cpu.
The only mean which I found it's to " killall 9 httpd " and to relaunch Apache normally, and
that Work again

It is a standard Apache / php configuration.
( Just a detail, mysql is situated on an other server )

I think of a bad script php (like infinite buckles), possible?
But how avoid that the server is down ? Or how track down the defective script?

Thank you for your help

Ps: I looked during many hours of the identical cases on google but nothing is equivalent

Good evening;)