httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Frank Azevedo" <F-Azev...@wiu.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Cannot load C:/.../ApacheModuleJServ.dll into server: The specified modules could not be found.
Date Mon, 03 May 2004 23:33:36 GMT
Thread Title:
   Cannot load C:/Apache2/modules/ApacheModuleJServ.dll into server: The
   specified module could not be found.

A quick summary:

I'm attempting to run Java Servlets on a WindowsXP Home machine. I'm
using Apache 2.0 with Apache JServ 1.1.2 (together with JSDK2.0 and
J2DSK1.4.2). When I attempt to run the Apache Web Server, I get the
following error message:

  Syntax error on line 135 of C:/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
  Cannot load C:/Apache2/modules/ApacheModuleJServ.dll into server: The
  specified module could not be found.
  Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.  3....

Doing a Google search on it didn't help much. Has anyone run into
a similar problem?  If anyone knows of any website or tutorial that
would help me with this, I would appreciate if you could send me the
link or reply to this thread.
 Below is a detailed description of the
configuration I'm using.

Thanks a lot,
Frank Azevedo

Email: F-Azevedo@wiu.edu

Detailed information:

OS: Windows XP Home Edition

I have downloaded and installed the following: (using the order below)

  1. J2SDK1.4.2
  2. JSDK2.0 (Java Servlet Development Kit 2.0, required by ApacheJServ)
  3. Apache2.0 HTTP Server (from www.apache.org)
  4. ApacheJServ 1.1.2 (from http://archive.apache.org/)

To avoid PATH and CLASSPATH problems, I made sure to include them under
"Environment Variables" (Control Panel -> System). I included paths for:

  1. JAVA_HOME=c:\progra~1\j2dsk_nb\j2sdk1.4.2
  2. PATH=c:\progra~1\j2dsk_nb\j2sdk1.4.2\bin;%path%
  3. CLASSPATH=c:\servlet.jar  (Put it in C: root for simplicity)

  Note: I can compile Servlets with no problems, so the Java paths don't
        seem to be the problem.

I have changed the Apache JServer configuration file (jserv.properties)
according to the instructions given on the file
"C:\JServ\docs\install\howto.win32_install.html" (part of a tutorial that
comes with the Apache JServ installation). I made sure I had all
paths correctly specified:

  jserv.properties:

  1. wrapper.bin=c:\program files\j2sdk_nb\j2sdk1.4.2\bin\java.exe
  2. wrapper.classpath=C:\JServ\ApacheJServ.jar
  3. wrapper.classpath=c:\JSDK2.0\lib\jsdk.jar
  4. root.properties=C:\JServ\servlets\zone.properties
  5. log.file=C:\JServ\logs\jserv.log

Also, as instructed in the tutorial, I copied the web server module
ApacheModuleJServ.dll (found in the C:\JServ directory) to the
\modules directory of my existing Apache installation (C:\Apache2\modules).

Then, I added the LoadModule directive to the Apache HTTP Server
configuration
file (httpd.conf) to let Apache know about the new module,
and also specified the servlet engine configuration file (jserv.properties)
and the module log file.

  httpd.conf:

  1. LoadModule jserv_module modules/ApacheModuleJServ.dll
  2. ApJServProperties "c:/JServ/conf/jserv.properties"
  3. ApJServLogFile "c:/JServ/logs/jserv.module.log"

When I run the Apache Web Server, I get the following error message:

  Syntax error on line 135 of C:/Apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
  Cannot load C:/Apache2/modules/ApacheModuleJServ.dll into server:
  The specified module could not be found.
  Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.  3....

For some reason, Apache can't find the module. Since I cannot get Apache
to run properly, there is no way to test the JServ configuration either.
(Apache was running fine before I tried to install JServ.)

As mentioned before, I tried doing a Google search with the error message
above as well as using other keywords that would lead me to answer,
but I had no luck.

If anyone know knows of any website or tutorial that would help me with
this, I would appreaciate if you could send me the link or reply to this
thread. Here is my email address: F-Azevedo@wiu.edu

Thank you,

Frank Azevedo