httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Andreas" <rs.andr...@web.de>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache2.0+mod_auth_radius-2.0
Date Tue, 18 May 2004 11:25:43 GMT
Hello,

I am using SuSE Linux 9.1, FreeRadius 0.9.3 with the module
mod_auth_radius-2.0 and Apache2.0.

I would like to use Radius for web authentication.

At first I tested the Apache 1.3 with the Radius module mod_auth_radius.
I used the configuration as per description on
http://www.freeradius.org/mod_auth_radius.

Everything works great.
For the secured area I have to put my right username and my password in
the shown login prompt and then the browser shows me the secured web
site.

But now I would like to use Apache 2.0 and the Radius module
mod_auth_radius-2.0.

After installation and configuration I checked the interaction between
the Radius-server and the Radius-module from the Apache 2.0 with the
tool "ethereal". The access to the secured web area is answered by the
login prompt. After entering the right user and password the
Radius-module made a "Access Request(1)" and the Radius-server made a
"Access Accept (2)".

In actual fact I would say that the interaction is ok, or is not it?
But the browser gives me an error message back and does not show me the
secured web site.

The error message from the browser:

"Server error!
	The server encountered an internal error and was unable to
complete
	Your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an
error
	In a CGI script.
	Error 500"

The error_log- file from the apache2 shows the following:

"configuration error: couldnĀ“t check access. No groups file?:
/secured/zugang.html"

Does this error come form a wrong configuration from the httpd.conf
file?
Is the configuration from the apache 1.3 httpd.conf file equal to the
configuration file from the apache 2.0 except the entry from "AddModule
.../mod_auth_radius.o"?

May someone help me and give me some instructions??

Thank you in advance!
Greetings
Andreas