httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Christian Kuczkowski" <Christi...@HeroData.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Directory Directive Options & CGI script
Date Fri, 21 May 2004 13:13:09 GMT

Hello all,

Newby to this listserver & a novice at apache web server in general. I
have set up some CGI executeables in a cgi-bin directory on the
webserver, & applied the ExecCGI option for that cgi-bin directory  in
the httpd.conf. The cgi executeables will only run when I also have a
scriptalias defined for that cgi-bin directory. Is that how it is
supposed to be? The apache documentation lead me to believe that all I
needed was ExecCGI options set on the directory directive.

The reason I bring this up is due to the nature of the CGI executeable.
It is placing files in a sub-directory (cgi-bin/attachements), which I
want to give users access to. However, Apache blocks permission to these
files. I tried using a separate directory directive with options set to
Indexes, but it didn't make any difference. When I remove the
scriptalias, the files are accessible again, however the cgi-bin
executeables won't run. I tried allowing override with an .htaccess
file, that also had no effect.

Anyone have any insight? Thanks.

Keep the Faith,
Christian K.