httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Obeda (ACM)" <pdob...@acm.org>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Authentication problem.
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 01:34:38 GMT
(comment inline, below)

I found that "sometimes" I need to explicitly add the -m flag to
htpasswd on Win(XP); (perhaps another copy of htpasswd doesn't do
so by default?  Check that you're using the copy of htpasswd that
comes with Apache ...)  Otherwise, as suggested, the error log
should suggest where the credentials are failing.