httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd by root at 99,9%
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:42:53 GMT

On Fri, 30 Apr 2004, [ISO-8859-15] Aurélien DEHAY wrote:

> Andrea Cerrito wrote:
> > No one?
>
> I've got nearly the same problem, but with an Apache 2.0, one or more
> threads (but never the «root» thread) are taking 100% of the CPU (we
> have quadri-proc machines), and we have the weblogic module for
> accessing ours weblogics' servers.
>
> And we do not found were it comes from. Sorry, but I can't really help you.

The first step in solving problems like this is always to attach to the
problem process with strace and a debugger and see what they are doing.

It is often also helpful to strip back to a minimum set of modules and add
them back slowly to try to determine what is at fault.  (In most cases,
you'll find the problem is not in a module distributed with apache.)

Joshua.