httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] how to get header in access log
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 19:17:21 GMT

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, James Zhao wrote:

> That's interesting though, is there any reason why apache doesn't support
> this? In squid web proxy, there is a flag to enable you get the whole header
> in the access log.

Well, it's not something that most people would want to have in a
production server.  It would be large, and rather challenging to format in
such a way that it would be parseable as part of a log entry.

But, as was mentioned here earlier in the week, it would be rather
straightforward to impliment as a custom module.

Actually, now that I think about it, there was a module recently added
that does pretty much exactly this: mod_log_forensic
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_log_forensic.html
This module is not in any released version of apache.  You can pick it up
from CVS if you want it.

Joshua.