httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] vitual hosting dudes.
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2004 15:31:26 GMT

On Wed, 21 Apr 2004, Luis Miguel Cruz Miranda wrote:
> The other work line is use mod_vhost_alias, but.. how can I integrate it
> with a mysql backend? No idea, for the momment.

mod_vhost_alias won't integrate with a mysql backend.

One option is to simply use mod_vhost_alias plus .htaccess files to do the
fine-tuning of the configuration.  This, of course, isn't the fastest
thing in the world.  But it should be scalable since only the .htaccess
for the relevant host needs to be read.

It really depends on how much and what type of configuration fine-tuning
you need to do for each virtual host.

Joshua.