httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] how to automatically show pop-up window when user requests a site
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 14:43:17 GMT

On Mon, 19 Apr 2004, Marek !KORNEL Kornecki wrote:

> hello,
> I have several free sites on my server and I wont to automatically show
> pop-up window on that sites when a user requests one of that sites (but
> only when taking index.html and not when taking other files).
>
> Is it possible to use .htaccess file to do this?

To do this, you need to rewrite the html content on the fly to add your
javascript garbage.

In Apache 1.3, the solution is here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#footer

In 2.0, you have the additional option of using an output filter to do
this sort of thing, either through mod_ext_filter, or through a custom
module.

Joshua.