httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache 2.0.49 SSI - SHTML pages disp. as code
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2004 23:38:40 GMT

On Fri, 16 Apr 2004, Kespoosh   wrote:

> I'm running Apache 2.0.49 on Slackware 9.0, and I've followed the directions
> in the documentation for SSI. I didn't get XBitHack to work so I named my
> page index.shtml. All I get when I go to my site is a directory listing,
> which is the first problem.

You'll need to include index.shtml in the relevant DirectoryIndex line.

> Secondly, opening index just results in the
> source code. I'm pretty sure the MIME-header is set to "text/html" so I'm
> not sure where to go from here. Any help would be appreciated.
> I have the following settings in httpd.conf
> Options +Includes
> AddOutputFilter INCLUDES .shtml
> AddType text/html .shtml
> AddHandler server-parsed .shtml

Don't use both AddOutputFilter and AddHandler.  They are redundant.

Your problem is almost certainly this one:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#options
That is: your Options directive is not working because it is being
overriden by another Options directive.  As the FAQ says, you should
apply the Options to a more specific <Directory> section.

Joshua.