httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual hosting user problem
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2004 18:37:56 GMT

On Thu, 15 Apr 2004, Joshua Slive wrote:
> No, there is no way to get apache to ignore missing DocumentRoots.

Thinking a little more, I may be wrong about this.  I haven't checked the
code or tested it.

It could be that the reason apache is failing is because it can't open
some logs.  If that is the case, then you have a bad configuration: you
shouldn't have logs in directories that are writable (or are children of
directories that are writable) by a non-root user.  See the security notes
section of the apache manual.

Joshua.