httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Fw: GET and auth_digest
Date Sat, 10 Apr 2004 23:24:35 GMT

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004, Mike McMullen wrote:
> > I'm playing around with digest authentication and I am getting
> > the following error when I try to run a simple CGI script:
> >
> > </~mlm/bin/testsh.cgi> does not match request-uri
> > </~mlm/bin/testsh.cgi?../data/file1.dat>,
> > referer: http://192.168.0.5/~mlm/
> >
> > When I try this using basic authentication it works fine. When I
> > reference basic documents like index.htm etc with digest it
> > works fine.

Have you tried with a different browser?  MSIE has a bug in its digest
auth that makes it fail on any request with a query string.

There is a workaround that lets you ignore this if
the AuthDigestEnableQueryStringHack environment variable is defined
(for example using BrowserMatch).  But I believe it is only in the
development branch (2.1) and not in the released branch.  The patch is
here:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/httpd-2.0/modules/aaa/mod_auth_digest.c?r1=1.86&r2=1.87

Joshua.