httpd-users mailing list archives

From Joshua Slive <jos...@slive.ca>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache httpd process size
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 20:00:22 GMT

On Tue, 6 Apr 2004 pankaj@akuate.com wrote:
> We are using Apache web server. The average memory consumed by the httpd
> process is 6.7 MB. Is this footprint normal? Can we reduce the footprint
> by any means? Please do let us know.

This depends most importantly on what modules you are using -- especially
on big modules like mod_perl and mod_php.  But remember that the total
memory is not what is important, you should only be concerned with the
amount of memory that is not shared between processes.

> Also, if there is any helpful information on Apache tuning particularly
> handling large no of concurrent users over a single server, pls do give
> us the link.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/misc/perf-tuning.html

Joshua.