httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Proxy HTTP1.1 Compliancy
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2004 22:02:03 GMT
On Tue, 20 Apr 2004, Joshua Slive wrote:

> In Apache 2, mod_proxy is designed to be HTTP/1.1 compliant.  How closely
> it comes to that goal, I'm not really sure.

Neither am I.

I've recently reviewed the list of open bugs regarding the proxy.
There are quite a few, but none that indicate fundamental failure
to support HTTP/1.1 over HTTP/1.0.  I hope to find time for a blitz
on fixing these bugs sometime soon now, but whether those fixes
will make it into the Apache codebase depends on others.

Of course, much of the advantage of 1.1 over 1.0 in a proxy is cacheing.
Apache's mod_cache has quite a few limitations, but I have yet to
study it in sufficient detail to comment.

>	  There is a separate mailing
> list that discusses mod_proxy development, but I'm not sure how active it
> is.

It seems rather low traffic.

--
Nick Kew