httpd-users mailing list archives

From je...@speakeasy.net
Subject [users@httpd] help with apxs
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 21:43:01 GMT
Hello all.  Hopefully some kind soul might be able to enlighten me as to
what I'm doing wrong here.

I've installed apache using the Yum installation program (which installs
httpd) from Red Hat.  I'm running Red Hat Version 9. Everything runs
normally - I can use Apache with no problem and it works in concert with
MySQL and PHP.

This is the problem:

For some reason I cannot run the apxs command.  That utility is nowhere to
be found on my system.  I was under the impression that when Apache is
installed (Yum installs binaries, the current verion being httpd
2.0.40-21.9.i386) that apxs is somehow included in that.

Am I wrong?  How does one get apxs to work.  It is not located anywhere on
my system and I need it to bring in mod_security.

thanks,

J.