httpd-users mailing list archives

From jzh...@symcor.com
Subject Re: [users@httpd] newbie question: Listen configuration
Date Wed, 07 Apr 2004 17:48:11 GMT

I tried a Apache on windows again, apache 1.3.28.

I replace the
Port 80

with

Port 8989

This time, I did get a home page back with http://localhost:8989/

but at the same time, I got the home page back with http://localhost:80/
too.

Can somebody explaine to me why I still got the page from port 80?

It is so basic.

                      jzhang@symcor.com

                                               To:       users@httpd.apache.org

                      07/04/2004 09:53         cc:

                      AM                       Subject:  [users@httpd] newbie question: Listen
configuration
                      Please respond to

                      users

I defined

Listen 8000

the only port in httpd.conf.

I however still get home page back with:  http://localhost:80/

and if I try with http://localhost:8000/

I got "Page can not displayed->page not found" error page.

I checked the log files, nothing is logged with the request (port 8000).

I thought if I define a port with Listen, this port works just as 80,
right?