httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Rick Archibald" <rick.archib...@electrolux.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Premature end of script headers in Apache
Date Tue, 06 Apr 2004 14:52:57 GMT
<gshadley@dc-marion.ohio-state.edu>
04/06/2004 09:47 AM
Please respond to users

        To:     <users@httpd.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        [users@httpd] Premature end of script headers in Apache

Hello:

I am trying to run several perl scripts from with my cgi-bin directory
and every time I call the perl script from within my browser, I get this
error:

Server error!
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your
request.
Error message:
Premature end of script headers: AlphaMail.pl
If you think this is a server error, please contact the webmaster
Error 500

I have FTP'd the perl script up using ASCII and I have CHMOD 755 on the
script, but nothing seems to be working.  Anyone have any ideas as to
why Apache does not like these scripts?

Thanks.
Gary Shadley

Try looking in your apache error log files for that particular site.  They
frequently have additional information on PERL script errors.

Rick Archibald

This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is
confidential, privileged, proprietary or otherwise protected by law.
The information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee).  If you are not the
intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read,
print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it.
immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.