httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Robert Abbate" <direc...@ispconcepts.com>
Subject [users@httpd] error 404 error WITH a trailing slash at end of file name
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 00:49:07 GMT
Hi. I just upgraded to a new server of Redhat Enterprise 3.0 (apache
2.0.46 ) and now when I request a URL like this:

http://mysite.com/index.html/329009230/

it gives error 404 NOT FOUND errors even though it will work like this:
http://mysite.com/index.html
http://mysite.com/index.html?/329009230/

I used to be able to put trailing slashes at the end file names I requested
and they worked great on my previoius installation of Apache 1.3

I use the trailing slashes to track my session IDs, and would prefer to keep
it that way and not have to use the ? mark.

Is there an Apache configuration that can allow the above to work? Anyone
have any suggestions?

Thanks!