httpd-users mailing list archives

From Oscar Leonor <o...@tid.es>
Subject [users@httpd] IP based control access
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2004 09:19:55 GMT

Hi all!

I´m working in the deployment of a TV service based on Internet
technologies, I need to use a reverse proxy that performs certain control
access based on the client IP address. Please, let me describe it in a few
lines. It is intended the reverse proxy to check the X-Forwarded-For HTTP
header in order to get the actual IP address of the client trying to access
(that´s because there is another proxy between), it should do it against a
SQL database or a LDAP where the IP addresses of the clients will be stored,
after checking it, it will allow or deny the access.

I have been looking for something similar using Apache but I had no luck,
can you please give me any suggestion? I guess some development will be
necessary but I would like to know how to proceed.

Many thanks in advance,
Oscar.