httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@swx.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Error when trying to start Apache (with SSL)
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 07:42:42 GMT

Exactly what version of Apache 2 are you using? In server/vhost.c in
version 2.0.48 there isn't anything that could cause this message...

Anyway, this type of thing usually results from an inconsistent
compilation. Did you recompile/upgrade apache but use an old ssl module?

PS:

>   ServerName cmsue6.central.sun.com:443

is not good. You don't need the port on the ServerName. However, this
shouldn't cause a crash so I don't think it's the problem...

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

> I did some googling and didn't find much on the "rv ==
> APR_SUCCESS" error. It referred to my Virtual Host
> section in my htttpd.conf file but I think all the settings
> there are okay. Here's that section:
>
> #
> # Virtual Host for SSL
> #
> <VirtualHost _default_:443>
>   ServerName cmsue6.central.sun.com:443
>   SSLEngine on
>   SSLProtocol all -SSLv2
>   SSLCipherSuite HIGH:MEDIUM
>   SSLOptions +ExportCertData +StdEnvVars
>
>   SSLCertificateFile      /apps/cms/vnb/tools/apache2/conf/server.crt
>   SSLCertificateKeyFile   /apps/cms/vnb/tools/apache2/conf/server.key
>   SSLCertificateChainFile
> /apps/cms/vnb/tools/apache2/conf/server.ca.crt
>   SSLCACertificateFile
> /apps/cms/vnb/tools/apache2/conf/ca-bundle.crt
>   SSLCARevocationFile
> /apps/cms/vnb/tools/apache2/conf/ca-bundle.crt
>
>   #SSLVerifyClient require
>   SSLVerifyDepth 3
>   SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
>            nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
>            downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
>   CustomLog logs/ssl_request_log \
>           "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"
>
> </VirtualHost>
>
> Anyone have any ideas on how I can get passed this problem?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> - Billy -

Groupe SWX.

views of the sender's company.