httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Dave Fetterman" <dave...@microsoft.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] OpenSSL and Windows .msi Apache installation
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 21:18:44 GMT
Thanks very much!  I'll get right to it!

Best,

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: hunter [mailto:theantigod@sympatico.ca]
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 5:20 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] OpenSSL and Windows .msi Apache installation

On Mon, 2004-04-12 at 14:21, Dave Fetterman wrote:
> Hey all,
>

> Is there an easy way to get the .msi installation of Apache 2.0 to
work
> with OpenSSL?
>

> Thanks,
>

> DF
>
> ----

Sorry but the answer is no...

Apache must be built with Openssl.

You can download my binaries, they are not .msi but still easy to
install. However, it is still not trivial to get it working.

http://tor.ath.cx/~hunter/apache/
http://hunter.campbus.com/

Apache is very simple to install from a zip.

1. Create a directory called c:\apache (this is the way I build it).
2. Unzip one of my Apache zips to this directory (there are imbeded
directories).
3. cd to the c:\apache\bin directory
4. run the command 'apache -k install'

If you had a previous install you can begin by typing 'apache -k
uninstall' from the c:\apache\bin directory before you start and you
should protect your c:\apache\conf\httpd.conf and ssl.conf files.

After installation you can make any changes you need to
c:\apache\conf\httpd.conf and ssl.conf or copy your saved files into the
c:\apache\conf directory.

>From c:\apache\bin you can stop 'apache -k stop' and restart 'apache -k
install' to get your changes read in.

net stop apache2 and net start apache2 work as well but if you have
syntax errors, they are often displayed to the console when you type
'apache -k start'.

There is a sample - Apache 2.0.48 that will give you clues to how to set
up SSL, but I do not have much experience running SSL - just building
it.

Chris