httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Skladovs, Victor" <Skla...@his.de>
Subject AW: AW: [users@httpd] Apache 2 on Solaris 5.8: Can not load modules
Date Tue, 27 Apr 2004 11:56:40 GMT

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: Nick Kew [mailto:nick@webthing.com]
Gesendet: Dienstag, 27. April 2004 13:51
An: users@httpd.apache.org
Betreff: Re: AW: [users@httpd] Apache 2 on Solaris 5.8: Can not load modules

> Thanx for your reply!
> Gcc version is 3.3.2. I can't find libgcc_s.so on my machine, it seems like it is not
installed.

[chop]

That sounds like incompatible binaries.  Have any system
components/libraries changed since you built Apache?
------------------------------
Sorry, I found libgcc_s.so in /usr/local/lib. It is available.
No, nothing has changed since I built Apache.
_______________________________________

> Unfortunately, I can't provide you with the outputs of mod_cache. I have recompiled Apache
without these modules (mod_cache and mod_mem_cache and mod_disk_cache). I had to comment out
mod_status as well. It works now.
> The output of mod_status:
>
> bash-2.03# ldd mod_status.so
>         libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
>         libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
>         /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Blade-100/lib/libc_psr.so.1
> bash-2.03# ldd -d mod_status.so
>         libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
>         libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
>         symbol not found: ap_extended_status            (./mod_status.so)
>         symbol not found: ap_my_generation              (./mod_status.so)
>         symbol not found: ap_scoreboard_image           (./mod_status.so)
>         /usr/platform/SUNW,Sun-Blade-100/lib/libc_psr.so.1

That's to be expected: apache itself exports those symbols, and
is not in your library path, so ldd doesn't see it.
What must I do to fix it?
Thanx!