httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Steffen Heil" <li...@steffen-heil.de>
Subject [users@httpd] DNS and ProxyPass
Date Sat, 03 Apr 2004 10:00:29 GMT
Hi

I need to forward some Virtual Hosts from my apache2 to a web-server running
on another system.
But that webserver also has some Virtual Hosts.

Therefor I use
  ProxyPass / http://domain.tld/

See, that domain.tld officially points to my computer, but my computer has a
dns-server itself running and that points domain.tld to the other server.

Now, for every request for any object within domain.tld, my apache does some
dnslookup. And there are a lot.

How can I prevent this? The IP doesn't change. Its static.

But I assume, if I do
  ProxyPass / http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd/

Then that server could not work with virtual hosts, which it really needs
to. (I cannot change this either.)

(No, I cannot point officially dns records to the real server, that one is
behind a firewall.)

Thanks,
  Steffen