httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Alexander F. Hartner" <a...@solms.co.za>
Subject [users@httpd] Virtual Host, Locations and Mod_JK2
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:23:13 GMT
I host several websites on my apache2 (2.0.49) using virtual hosts. One
of the hosts I would like to forward fully to a web application
deployed on tomat via Mod_JK. What I have done is the following:

Installed the webapplication in tomcat's root "/" context

Configured a worker in workers2.properties

Configured a virutal host on apache2

<VirtualHost 196.22.194.227>
         ServerAdmin root@solms.co.za
         DocumentRoot /home/www/solms.co.za/
         ServerName www.solms.co.za
         ServerAlias solms.co.za *.solms.co.za solmstraining.co.za
*.solmstraining.co.za
         ErrorLog logs/solms.co.za-error_log
         CustomLog logs/solms.co.za-access_log combined
         <Location "/">
           JkUriSet worker ajp13:localhost:28009
         </Location>
</VirtualHost>

Everything is working, except the Location directive spans all my other
virtual hosts as well. A request to any of the virtual hosts is
redirected to /index.jsp, which I guess comes from my web application's
deployment descriptor. Direct requests to otherhost.com/index.html are
still processed by apache correctly, but general request to
otherhost.com are redirected to otherhost.com/index.jsp.

Ugly solution:
What I have done in the mean time is to either
-create index.jsp files which are typically copies of the index.html
-modify the webapplication to redirect to index.html

I should not have to do this as the location should only work for the
virtual host in which it is configured.

Any suggestions welcome

Alex