httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Hills Michael R" <Michael.Hi...@Siemens.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.0 series upgrades
Date Mon, 26 Apr 2004 17:37:50 GMT
Hi All,

My apologies if this already exists in an FAQ somewhere -- I've been
searching for this particular question/answer without any luck.

I am currently running Apache 2.0.44 on Windows 2000. I am looking for
the easiest way to upgrade to the latest release.

I have read in several FAQs and user support lists that the modules
retain compatibility within the 2.0 series, but nothing about actually
upgrading an existing installation.

Can I simply upgrade the binary (Apache.exe) file and any updated
modules or do I really need to reinstall the latest release from
scratch?

Thanks,

Mike