httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ian Huynh" <i...@hubspan.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] HTTPS proxy to HTTP internal server
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2004 17:42:01 GMT
what about using mod_proxy along with mod_rewrite to rewrite the url

	-----Original Message-----
	From: Neil Pitman [mailto:neil.pitman@mahjongmania.com]
	Sent: Sat 4/24/2004 12:50 PM
	To: users@httpd.apache.org
	Subject: [users@httpd] HTTPS proxy to HTTP internal server

	I'm trying to set up a secure HTTP link between external clients and a
	server speaking HTTP. (The server is propriatory - neither HTTPD nor IIS nor
	anything you might think).  I have successfully setup HTTPD as a proxy, but
	I'm trying to secure it.  It has its own SSL, but I would prefer to offload
	it to the proxy for several reasons (performance, licensing, monitoring).
	Since I am in the predeployment phase, I have control of all the servers,
	configurations and topology.

	Is there a way to receive HTTPS connections and proxy them to one or more
	backend HTTP servers, including routing based on the HTTP header contents?

	Neil Pitman
	Work +1.514.344.1218
	Cell +1.514.863.5465
	Neil.pitman@mahjongmania.com