httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Guntupalli, Santhi" <santhi.guntupa...@digital.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] RE: Apache 1.3.9 - HPUX
Date Fri, 02 Apr 2004 09:25:30 GMT
Hi,
	Thank you for your reply. I have tried with plain text, same
problem. And also  i have seen another problem if i give password of length
more than 8 characters, password is getting truncated to only 8 characters
while creating password using "htpasswd".

	Regarding upgradation, we have other dependencies like jserv and
JServSSI along with Apache. As you know jserv is no longer exists now.
So immeidately we cant go for upgradation. Some how we have to manage with
existing version. Ok , i will try with other work around.

Thanks & Regards,
- Santhi

-----Original Message-----
From: Boyle Owen [mailto:Owen.Boyle@swx.com]
Sent: Friday, April 02, 2004 12:38 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: RE: [users@httpd] RE: Apache 1.3.9 - HPUX

plain text please...

Excuse me, but I *did* reply on the dev list before I realised you had
posted it to "dev" and not "users"
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=apache-httpd-dev&m=108073417824044&w=2)
.

Anyway, if no-one answers your question it's not because you are being
ignored, it's simply that no-one knows the answer! Your probem is very
weird and is restricted to HP-UX so it's not suprising you haven't had
many replies. If you can make a password file on Tru64 or whatever, and
it works, why not do that as a workaround? In any case, as I mentioned
in the first reply, 1.3.9 is a really ancient version of apache and you
would be well-advised to upgrade.

Rgds,
Owen Boyle