httpd-users mailing list archives

From Wil Turner <wtur...@psatellite.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Require SSL + Auth for remote, allow local access without SSL + Auth
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 14:37:53 GMT
Hi all,

I have a problem I've been trying to figure out for some time now. It's
not urgent, but I'd like to solve it because it would make a lot of
things more convenient for my company.

The situation - we have a single domain hosted in house. Staff work
locally and occasionally remotely. We can access the server through
192.168.1.* network or through its internet domain/ip. There is a
portion of the server that we use for internal administrative purposes.
Access to this currently uses mod_auth_kerb + ssl.

What I would like to do is allow access from the local network without
authentication or ssl, but continue to require ssl + kerberos password
for remote authentication.

Currently my .htaccess file for the directory looks like this:
SSLRequireSSL
AuthType Kerberos
AuthName "Kerberos Login"
KrbAuthRealms *********.***
Krb5Keytab /etc/apache.keytab
require valid-user

Any suggestions? I'm very sorry if I've overlooked some really obvious
answer to this question, just point me in the right direction.

Wil