httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Harrell, Roger" <rjhar...@bechtel.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Going insane virtual host config
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 23:36:16 GMT
Ok, VERY strange behavior. I have a virtual host as defined below. The
thing is for the domain audiblefaith.com it seems to ignore this VH
directive. It pulls from the proper dir, but doesn't behave right. If I
go to audiofaith.com (note different spelling) it behaves as I would
expect this VH to behave. Now the only thing I can think of is the
server's name is audiblefaith.com. Does this cause Apache to treat it
differently than other domains from a VH perspective. If so, how can I
configure so it does not ignore the below commands?

I know it's ignoring this directive because I changed the DocumentRoot
to a nonexistant directory. It gave me a warning when I restarted
Apache, but served pages from /var/www/html when I went to
audiblefaith.com  (currently I have routed audiblefaith.com back to my
old server cause the business has to keep running).

Anyone dealt with this?

Thanks,
Roger

<VirtualHost 207.104.135.195:80>
  ServerAdmin webmaster@audiblefaith.com
  DocumentRoot /var/www/html
  ServerName www.audiblefaith.com
  ServerAlias audiblefaith.com www.audiblefaith.com audiblefaith.net
www.audiblefaith.net audiblefaith.org www.audiblefaith.org
audiofaith.com www.audiofaith.com

  ErrorLog /etc/httpd/logs/error_log
  TransferLog /etc/httpd/logs/access_log
  ErrorDocument 404 /errordocs/404.php
  LogFormat "%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-Agent}i\"

  AcceptPathInfo on
        <Location /pages>
        ForceType application/x-httpd-php
        </Location>