httpd-users mailing list archives

From Hafid AIT IFRANE <ha...@inapg.fr>
Subject [users@httpd] Require file-owner doesn't work with ldap??
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2004 10:42:30 GMT
Hi all,

I still have problem with "Require file-owner" directive. I get an error
401 (authorization required) but i'm sure to give the valid credentials to
acces te directory.

I don't understand why it doesn't work while "require valid-user" does. I'm
connecting to an LDAP server to authenticate and this is my config in
httpd.conf : ( Apache 1.3.26-0woody3)

LoadModule auth_ldap_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/auth_ldap.so
LoadModule auth_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/mod_auth.so

<Directory /home/*/*/public_html>
Dav On
AuthName "Tests de reconnaissance de user LDAP pour apache"
AuthLDAPURL ldap://bianca.inapg.inra.fr:389/ou=People,  o=inapg, c=fr?uid?sub
AuthType Basic

     <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
         Order allow,deny
         Allow from all
         #Require file-owner  (this doesn't work, but the following line does)
         require valid-user
</Directory>

I precise that authentication works locally on my server with the
username/password i use to connect to apache (wich gives me an error 401).
I think i'm missing something but i don't know what. Any idea?

Thank you for your answer.

-
Hafid AIT IFRANE
INA P-G