httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Charles Ulrich" <char...@idealso.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] CGI + Virtual host difficulty
Date Sun, 25 Apr 2004 19:01:41 GMT
Joshua Slive said:
> See:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/cgi.html#troubleshoot

Already did that. Should have probably mentioned that in my first email...

* The path to the perl interpreter is correct
* The httpd daemon runs as user www and group www, and the script has the
following permissions:
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  www   268 Apr 23 12:47 index.cgi
* All of the parent directories of the script are executable (traversible)
* There are no additional errors other than "premature end of script
headers" in the logs.

> The first step is to run the program from the command line:
> cd /www/vhosts/bugs.atmosphereannealing.com/
> ./index.cgi
> and make sure that you get a proper HTTP header.

* If I execute the script directly from the command line, I get the HTTP
headers and expected content.

Quite strange, eh? Thanks for your suggestions, though.

Charles Ulrich