httpd-users mailing list archives

From Aurélien DEHAY <aurelien.de...@ext.anpe.fr>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] httpd by root at 99,9%
Date Fri, 30 Apr 2004 13:40:11 GMT
Joshua Slive wrote:

>>And we do not found were it comes from. Sorry, but I can't really help you.
>

> The first step in solving problems like this is always to attach to the
> problem process with strace and a debugger and see what they are doing.
>
> It is often also helpful to strip back to a minimum set of modules and add
> them back slowly to try to determine what is at fault.  (In most cases,
> you'll find the problem is not in a module distributed with apache.)

We've tried some little things, but one real problem is that behaviour
is only on the prod environment and under heavy load. The only thing I
can really do is to play with gdb and strace, but I'm a poor admin, not
a good dev, I don't know these tools very well.

Thanks for you answer.

--
Aurélien DEHAY