httpd-users mailing list archives

From Luis Moreira <luis.more...@esinnovation.pt>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] firewall on single computer test setup
Date Thu, 29 Apr 2004 10:19:25 GMT
adrian Greeman wrote:

>I recently installed Apache 2 on my own non-networked computer for self
>training purposes using PHP as a module and next top a MySQL server on
>the same computer.
>
>It is a Win XP SP1 OS and Apache works fine - but to get it there I had
>to uninstall my McAfee Firewall. [Thanks to those who replied on this
>list incidentally to sort that problem].
>
>I would like to have a firewall running however.  Does anyone know which
>firewall I can run happily without disrupting the Apache server?
>Sygate is suggested by a colleague.  And would it need any special
>configuring (or would Apache etc)
>
>Regards
>
>                                       Adrian

I, for one, use "Tint Personal Firewall", with XP, and it works like a
charm.
The version I use, however, is an old  but free one. Today Tiny has
evolved to a new platform, payware.
If you don't find the free version, I can set up a link on my personal
page so that you can download the stuff, but only this evening.

Luis