httpd-users mailing list archives

From peter pilsl <pi...@goldfisch.at>
Subject [users@httpd] problem with reverseproxy and double-authentication
Date Wed, 28 Apr 2004 13:08:24 GMT

I have apache on our gateway setup to provide a specific part from our
intranet to the outside. I did so using mod_proxy in reverse mode.

Now I set up (for double security) a authentication on the gateway and
the proxied intranetapplication wants a password to.

This seems to irritate apache very much.

on the gateway:

<VirtualHost x.x.x.x:80>
   ServerName zope.domain.at
   VirtualDocumentRoot /data/apache
   VirtualScriptAlias /data/apache/cgi-bin

ProxyPass      /fff     http://intranet.domain.at:8080/gkcms
ProxyPassReverse /fff   http://intranet.domain.at:8080/gkcms

   <Proxy *>
     Order allow,deny
     Satisfy Any
     Allow from all
     AuthName "test"
     AuthType Basic
     AuthUserFile /usr/local/apache2/conf/proxy.pass
     require user test
   </Proxy>

</VirtualHost>

When I access
zope.domain.at/fff

I'm first asked for the username/password for zone "test" and when I
provide this correct then I get asked for username/password for zone
"zope" which comes from the intranetapplication (I dont have access to
it or its userdb) and then I'm kicked out, cause I cant be authenticated.

As soon as I remove the Auth on the gateway everything works fine, but
I've got only one auth instead of the two I want. (I dont fully trust
the auth of the intranet-application and vice versa :)

thnx,
peter