httpd-users mailing list archives

From Laura Vance <van...@winfreeacademy.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Alerting the web user; originally "how to automatically show pop-up window whenuser requests a site"
Date Thu, 22 Apr 2004 15:21:58 GMT
Hello,

Something you might try since you are already using Java servlets and
applets is to write a Java applet or application that maintains a
connection with the servlet.  Then when new data comes up, you can then
push it to the applet from the servlet and make it do whatever you
want.  It would behave similarly to a chat program where the servlet has
all the child processes connected out to invididual clients.

Just an idea.

--
Thanks,
Laura Vance